Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara

Ok, I finally got to try the new Clump Crusher mascara by Covergirl! The reviews are in! I am not usually a Covergirl fan, but this mascara intrigued me. I first heard of it when it was listed as a "beauty breakthrough" in Allure magazine. If Allure says it's a breakthrough product, then it probably is! Then I read some strong reviews for it on other blogs. The lime green packaging drew me in, and I finally purchased it. And? I LOVE it! It's important to understand that I am very picky when it comes to mascaras. I can usually tell immediately if I like the formula or not. My sister Hayley tried Clump Crusher first, and after applying a few coats she turned around and said something to the effect of, "Um, dude, my lashes look amazeballs." When I finally tried it myself, I seriously was wowed. I LOVE this mascara! Read on for my review. (The photos are of my beautiful twin, Hayley)

The Pitch: "Get 200% more volume and ZERO clumps"

The Price: $8.99 at Walgreens

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

Pros:
-Pretty lime green packaging
-Fantastic wand. Covergirl claims the secret to no clumps isn't in the formula, but in the wand. The Clump Crusher wand is sturdy and easy to use. It feels similar to other Covergirl Lash Blast mascara wands.
-The FORMULA. The formula of Clump Crusher is not runny, too wet, goopy, or too dry. I feel like Goldilocks: "This one is just right!" I applied about ten coats of this baby and had NO clumps! My lashes instantly became very long and fluttery. Love! 
-The very black shade was great, very dark.
-I experienced zero flaking or smudging.
-Clump Crusher claims it is a volumizing mascara, but I feel like I got great volume AND great length! The pictures below show Hayley with bare lashes and then wearing Clump Crusher.

Cons: Um. That would be none.





2 comments:

  1. I'd try it if I wore makeup! You are a persuasive writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think between watching videos on YouTube and after reading a ton of post including yours and seeing the pics of your lashes...I'm sold on the idea of getting this mascara!!! I hope I like it =D I Love LB Fusion. On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate this mascara? write back soon at:ruby_woo_who@rocketmail.com or if you have YouTube post a comment on my channel or write me ..username: bluetigressemoon.

    ReplyDelete