Thursday, November 29, 2012

Review: Maybelline the Mega Plush mascara

Ok kids, time to review one of Maybelline's newest and most buzzed about mascaras, the Mega Plush. (again, sorry for the crappy photos. And why does my face looks so hideously shiny? Me thinks I need to wear powder after all.) Anyways so I came upon this mascara after trying the Dior Diorshow mascara, which was an absolute fail. And here's the thing. I LOVE the Mega Plush! I adore it! I can't stop using it! I think it's fantastic! And I usually end up throwing mascaras away in frustration! (see Diorshow) Some info for those searching for a fabulous mascara:

The Pitch: '...first gel mousse mascara with 40% less hard waxes for massive volume with a supple touch.'

The Price: $5.94 at Walmart

Rating: 4.5 PPC's (that's Perfect Pretty Cheap's) out of 5.

Pros:
-Props for cute packaging. I love the colors and I love the name.
-The formula. I'm not sure exactly what a 'gel mousse' formula is, but I really did notice as I was applying this mascara that the formula felt feather light and not waxy, runny, too wet, or too dry. The best part? No flaking! The formula really does feel lighter than other mascaras. 
-The color is amazeballs. I bought this in the Blackest Black shade, and the more coats I applied the darker the mascara became. 
-The mascara REALLY curles my lashes. It's what I love best about this mascara, and I suspect the gel mousse formula is responsible. 
-The wand. The wand (I should've posted a photo, mental head slap) has a flexible bend to it. At first it was a little intimidating, but as time goes by I think it makes it easier to really grab each lash.
-There is little to no flaking. LOVES it!

Cons:
-If you apply too many coats it can start to get clumpy. 
-The wand could be intimidating.
-I can't find it at all drugstores which is annoying.

The 411? Maybelline's the Mega Plush mascara has a great formula and makes my eyelashes curly and dark. What more could a girl ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment