Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick

So PLEASE forgive me if for a while this blog has really crappy photos (or no photos at all!). I am brand spanking new to the world of blogging, and I'm trying to figure everything out. I also just have an iPad right now as opposed to a computer where I can upload photos from an actual camera. Once I rectify the computer situation the photos should be of much higher quality (we can hope). For now my iPad and iPhone photos will have to do. For this first post I am reviewing Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 001. I was super excited to try this lipstick because it was featured as the overall best red lipstick in Allure magazine's 2012 Best of Beauty awards. Allure promised that this shade, 001, would 'Out red any rival'. Does it? Read on.
Price: $4.63 at Walmart
Rating: 3 PPC's (that's Perfect Pretty Cheap's) out of 5. 
Pros: -the packaging is gorgeous. The tube is sleek and black and is emblazoned with Kate's signature. It truly makes you feel like a glamorous supermodel. 
-The price was pretty fantastic for a collection supposedly designed by a celebrity. 
-In the tube, the lipstick is a dark rich red.
Cons: -The lipstick is super matte so that can make it hard to spread. I would definitely exfoliate lips first and apply a balm afterwards just to give it some more oomph. 
-It fades after a few hours. 
-The big issue that I have with this lipstick is the color. In the tube it looks like the perfect true red shade. I am VERY picky when it comes to my red; I want an old Hollywood Marilyn Monroe feel. Once I wore this out in natural light I was very disappointed because it really had much more of a pinkish look. (yes, I should've posted a photo) It was a bright pinky red, as opposed to a blue-toned dark red. I was so disappointed I don't think I'll even wear this again. 
The gist? If you're looking for an affordable, matte lipstick that's a bright pink with red tones, you will like this.  Xoxo stay beautiful! -chelsea













Rating: 3 PPC's (that's Perfect Pretty Cheap's) out of 5. 
Pros: I adore the packaging of this lipstick. It truly is as glamorous as Kate Moss herself. It comes in a sleek black tube with Kate's signature emblazoned on it in red. Beautiful. 
-The price is pretty amazing. I thought it would be much more expensive. 
-In darker 

No comments:

Post a Comment