Thursday, November 29, 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

I am super excited to write this review. Why? Because I have discovered my new Gold Standard Product (GSP). So what is this fantastic newfangled product? That would be Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten. I love it so much I may want to marry it. I was really curious to try the Kissable Balm Stains 1) Because I adore Revlon's lip products, 2) Because I was drawn in by the Emma Stone advertising campaigns (If I buy one of these, will I look as pretty as Emma?! Must find out!), and 3) Because I was looking for something that was easier to apply than a lipstick. I decided to try out the Smitten shade. In the crappy first photo above you can (sort of) see what the product looks like. It's a cute chubby pencil, no sharpener required. The lower two photos show the color (albeit in heinous fluorescent kitchen lighting). I love the color. I really do. It is a beautiful shade that reminds me of Valentine's cards. Read on to discover why this is my new GSP.

The Pitch: '...gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour.'

The Price: $7.48 at Walmart

Pros:
-The color is absolutely beautiful. This shade is Smitten. Adore!
-The formula is very easy to apply. You just pop the lid off and fill in your lips with the chubby pencil. It looks like the pencil will last a good while. The formula is creamy with a bit of shine. 
-The color LASTS for about eight hours. The shine wears off fairly quickly, and the color will wear off quicker if you are eating or drinking, but it still leaves a nice stain. 
-I really enjoy the smell of this product; it's kind of minty. 
-The price was good for the quality of the product.
-I just love how the fat pencil is so easy to apply.
-The line has a lot of shades.

Cons: 
-I honestly can't think of any. Did I really just say that?! I think this balm stain is so easy to apply and has such a nice formula and shade range that I will wear it all the time now. I can't WAIT to try the other colors. 

The result? If you are looking for a bright colored lip stain that is easy to apply and long lasting, head to Walmart right now and plunk down some change for this. 

P.S. If wearing this lip stain makes me look as pretty as Emma Stone, does that mean I can have an Andrew Garfield look alike as my boyfriend? Pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment